Friday, June 15, 2007

Wild Turkey Invasion

We have a gaggle of wild turkeys that have been cruising around our house lately. I think this is a little family racing into the woods after I tried to quietly take a photo. As you can see they blend in nicely with their surroundings. The adults are huge. I'll try to get a better shot in the future.

I also have photos somewhere of the bear that has visited our yard (haven't seen him yet this year). We are way over our interest in the deer that overrun this area since they insatiably feast on our gardens throughout the year. They too have their little ones with them now with beautiful red coats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your property is just a regular game preserve! Shall I call you Bindi?

Me said...

Bindi I'm not ... do you see me wrestling with these big birds!? I prefer to observe from afar!