Saturday, June 30, 2007

Lions and deer and bears, oh no!

I have posted a photo of our wild turkey, you heard about my bear encounter on the highway, now see our deer. We have so many deer up here that no one really likes them or notices them, except when they crash through your windshield or run by with their little spotted fawns, like in this photo:

They were a lot closer to me, enjoying a nibble in my garden, but they ran off when I came out to take this photo.

I was talking to the floor guy today (yes, we have new floors!!! yah!) and he said he heard the coyotes are moving into this area again, and somewhere I had read that mountain lions were back. I've seen a coyote or two sometimes at night, but never a mountain lion ... although stay tuned, I'll probably run into one.

What's that you say? You don't want to ever visit us again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, THAT is scary! I'm glad nothing worse happened and, hopefully, Yogi was no worse for the wear.