Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day 28 - Hasty Painting

The spackle guy's son came by late yesterday to do the final sanding on the walls and ceiling, thus wasting another 1 -1/2 days. (They wasted 2 full days last week by not showing up!) Don had taken the day off work yesterday to paint, and couldn't get started until 6pm. He did the cleaning and first coat of primer everywhere, then had to leave for hockey (story of my life), so I did second coats and first coat of final ceiling and wall paints. It was easy since there was no worry about drop cloths or spattering paint.

You can see that the wall paint is a tad bright!!! I am thinking that with cabinets, furniture and art, this sunny color will peak through nicely. Plus the granite has a golden look to it. Some of you may be shocked to see I've chosen a yellow ... not.

As I type this, the workers are banging away installing the cabinets. Exciting! Geez I hope we like this! And so it goes ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering how Lucky the cat is reacting to all this kitchen activity...perhaps a photo that captures his mood would be helpful