Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Winter Break on Singer Island














Carolyn and I are just back from 5 days in Florida. It was the first time I've ever been to an airport the day after a big snowstorm. The airport was a zoo. It was a miracle that we made it to our flight on time.

Once in Florida, we were met by my parents and chilly weather. Chilly for Floridians, not so bad for northerners from below-freezing temps! We filled our days with lots of window shopping (and real shopping), going to Starbucks, walking the beach, eating, card playing, reading, doing puzzles, and, of course, doing crossword puzzles. All the while we talked and caught up. Very relaxing.

The pictures I've added here show the beach looking sunny and beautiful. The weird part is that it was deserted. At this time of year, over a long weekend, it is usually very busy. We did have a couple of days when we were out on the beach as you can see, but the wind was strong. The last photo is of the hole my Dad accidentally put in the wall - probably the funniest time of the whole visit!

I had a fun vacation with my daughter, and it was great to see H&B doing well. We missed Don and Bryan, of course, who were home attending to hockey practices and work. Its great to get away, and its great to be back home.

Including today, I have just 4 days left of work, so will soon be living the life of leisure ... and climbing the walls?! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

would like to know the real story of how Bill put a hole in his wall. Would also like to know if the hole has been patched.