Monday, February 26, 2007

Contract Extended ... Again! :-)

I am very happy to report that my work contract has been extended for another 3 months. I know I said Feb 23 was really my last day this time, but then late on the 22nd, I heard they had managed to get approvals for an extension.

It seems there is a 2-year limit on my type of contract to protect the worker from not getting benefits and other perq.'s that they'd be entitled to as an employee. This makes perfect sense, but not for those like me who do not want to be an employee. Luckily, with Don working and having benefits through his employer, it works better for us when I have the freedom that comes with contract or freelance work.

I love the work that we do in my group, and I really enjoy the people that I work with. So I will once again gladly put my 'When-I'm-Not-Working To Do List' on hold. Thanks John & Patti!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Cathy... they want you and so do I... can't wait for you to have some free time so we can get together. Meanwhile enjoy every moment and keep in touch! Louise from Virginia...