Thursday, May 3, 2007

Kitchen on schedule to start

The demolition of our current kitchen is going to start on May 7 as planned. While I am excited about the outcome, I'm apprehensive about the mess, daily little decisions and being displaced. Maybe it'd be better if I didn't work from home, but it will be good to be easily accessible when issues come up. I know it will come to a happy close and that many before me have weathered home renovations. (Photo is of cabinet sample with granite sample, laying on wood flooring.)

Maybe its my age or just the closeness of my neighborhood, but there seem to be a lot of people dealing with more serious issues than a kitchen renovation - injuries, health, teen angst, aging parents, etc. So I will remind myself to keep things in perspective during this reno process and to laugh rather than cry!

No comments: