Monday, July 2, 2012

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Latest note sent early this a.m.:
"Good morning, almost just two weeks left for my trip it's gone so fast. Just thought I'd let you guys know I changed my mind about Dubrovnik. I'm taking a bus to Mostar today if I can get on cheaply enough then after a couple days there I'll go to Sarajevo. I've heard it's very interesting and very safe to visit these places right now as long as you avoid the mine fields and abandoned buildings. That should bring my to next weekend then I'll start heading back to Paris hitting a few places along the way."
I asked about going to Budapest since it is nearby ...
"I actually went to Budapest for a few days before I went to Split. It was awesome I wish could have had more time there but I was meeting those friends on Hvar. I stayed in a really small hostel there and met a lot of cool people. They have some really cool bars there that are built into the ruins of communist era buildings.  I also went to one of the many bath houses there just to try it out since the weather was bad. Jumped from hot water to cold water an stuff like that."
And back to USA where we are still in Florida. I worked today, while Carolyn & Don tried out jet-skiing in the intercoastal. Said it was amazing.

No comments: