Sunday, July 22, 2007

Busy Weekend for One

This weekend was wonderfully quiet and busy. It started out with Carolyn's birthday party - about 15 kids were here on Friday night. Then, with Don & Bryan in Quebec for the weekend and Carolyn on her usual sleep-in-then-go-out-with-friends routine, I had the house to myself.

I used the time to carry "kitchen" boxes up from the basement and to get the new kitchen organized again. I also got caught up on some much needed gardening, which I love to do. And of course, I picked up our reserved copy of Harry Potter.

I often have the house to myself but then I'm usually working. That is about to change. Tomorrow I embark on a new adventure - a job where I work in an office as opposed to the past many, many years where I have worked steadily from my home office (or wah - work at home - as we say).


My new job is in marketing working three days per week. My contract at my previous job was renewed but for the "absolute last time." When this new opportunity came up - a part time job with substance - I leapt at it. I haven't had a first day in an office in many years! I've got an audio book all ready to go for the drive to/from work. Wish me luck! Bring it on.

No comments: