Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Bro

My brother is celebrating his birthday today.

He's come a long way since this photo (left) in 1969 when he was 7 years old. We had just moved into our house in Mississauga from Alberta.  I don't think he was ever really into dolls unless you count Ken, GI Joe and Major Matt Mason.  I have no earlier photos of him because I didn't have a camera before then - maybe they weren't invented yet.  But about 1969 is when my photo albums begin.



I do wonder what happened to his hair. Its fairly smooth here but later went into a major fro.




And clearly he became quite the stud as you can see here.  Observe his 6-pack abs.  I believe this photo was taken at Daytona Beach in 1978. Remember when you could drive your car on the beach?  (I'm not sure if they allow that anymore.)


That is not me in the background since I'm taking the photo.  No idea who they are, but Dad probably had his girl-watching glasses on, as we used to call them.



And now he is an older guy, married to a great woman and they have raised 2 talented kids.  It all worked out incredibly well.  Who knew?!



This photo was taken at the Hog's Breath Inn in Carmel, CA in August of 2009.


Happy Birthday bro!


(The spacing on this is a mess ... blogspot needs improvement in this area, but then this is free.)

1 comment:

John said...

Thanks for keeping the embarrassing to a minimum. You leave people with the impression that you were a kind and caring big sister. I'm still mentally scarred with memories of you pinning me to the ground and hanging gobs over my face and sucking them back just in time... except for the odd one that got away. Good times...good times.
John