Monday, June 28, 2010

Goodbye to a "bad piano player"

This obit is the most colorful one I've ever read. Whoever wrote it, perhaps Philip himself, left very little to the imagination. This guy enjoyed sex and lots of it "well into his eighties". If only more obits were as forthcoming, I think the obits could become a must-read section, perhaps reprinted annually in books for bedtime reading.

I mean no disrespect to this man. I think this is quite enlightening and obviously meant to be read as it was in the Toronto papers.

My dad sent this to me.  I'll assume the word "insouciant" caught his eye (highlighted by my dad) and he thought to send it to me, since I blogged on this wonderful word last month.

One other note ... did Philip here have enough names?  Could it be that this "intellectual dragonfly" took his partners' names
 with his "insouciant attitude" and flitting around in bad fashions?

If you have the time, take a moment to read this.  You will not be disappointed. If you click on it, it should enlarge so that its easier to read.  Really, have you ever read an obit like this?!


No comments: