Saturday, June 9, 2012

Amsterdam

Heard from Bryan today re Amsterdam:

"It's really fun however my roommates aren't as fun as in Brussels and Paris so I've kinda been doing stuff more on my own. I still think its my favorite place despite that though. I love the bike riding aspect of it. You'll see families going out to dinner but instead of in a car they're on bikes. I spent yesterday walking through the main tourist traps' Today I'm resting and watching soccer at a bar since Holland is playing in ten mins. Tomorrow I'm renting a bike and going to the further away sights, then on Monday I plan to do the museums since it will be considerably less busy.
My main observation of this place is everyone seems to be extremely happy and friendly as long as you give bike riders the right of way as a pedestrian. And it's like the exact opposite of Brussels as far as diversity goes. The game is about to start it should be on espn if you are at home today."
In an earlier email he said he's waiting for better weather before taking and sending photos.

No comments: