Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my Dad's 86th birthday. I hope he has had a great day. We were talking on the phone today about how the years don't seem to match how you feel. Doctors have told my Dad that he's at least 10 years younger than his actual age - and if you knew him you'd agree! 

Dad, you are everything a daughter could want in a father - there's nothing I wish I could have had or that I wish you'd done or said that you haven't already done or already said. I am very lucky to be your daughter. I mean that. And I know Don also feels honored and lucky to be your son-in-law. We mean that for both you and Mom - you are great, generous, loving parents and a great example of how to be a married couple. 



Here are a few shots of my Dad:


Kayaking with Don last summer

With his honey, my Mom, on Smoke Rise beach
1944 in front of his plane in the Canadian Air Force (age 20)

We love you, Dad! Thank you for everything!  Have a very Happy Birthday ... and many more!


No comments: