Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Back to School Night - Last time!

Last week Don and I attended our last 'Back to School' night. We dragged ourselves over to the school not especially anxious to traipse through all the classes again. Of course, once we got there we had a great time seeing all the parents we haven't seen since June, and catching up with parents that we are only connected to via the school.

When the evening was over I was actually sad that this was our last ever 'Back to School'. How many parents will we lose touch with next year? It will be much harder to stay connected with our extended community without the necessary school events.

Since then I have mentioned this to several Moms I know who have their last child off to college this Fall. Did they miss 'Back to School' this year for the first time in umpteen years? One friend said, " I do miss the KHS stuff too, but, you know as you move into other realms of your life, it is not all that bad."


So true.

No comments: