Monday, April 13, 2009

Transitions graduation

Last Tuesday was the last of our 12-week Transitions Lifestyle program. We celebrated by eating! Eating low GI (glycemic index) dishes, that is. We each had to bring a dish along with our recipe. I made zucchini boats - not bad.

We also did our final weigh-in and measurement gathering. For me I was thrilled to see that I lost about 11 pounds but more importantly I lost about 7% in body fat. I have gone down a pant size or 2 and feel soooo much better. I hope I can maintain this weight as its exactly where I had hoped to end up. The program was about eating and living well - a lot of info we already knew - but somehow it all made sense this time and having to stick with it for 12 weeks helped to create new, and hopefully lasting, lifestyle habits.

And another benefit was meeting a group of really fun people. Most of the people in our group were already health-conscious, active people who just wanted to be better. I think everyone is pleased with their results. I recommend the program to anyone who is looking for the knowledge to improve their overall health!

No comments: