Saturday, March 7, 2009

Off to Florida

I'm off to Florida tomorrow morning with Bryan who is on his spring break. Carolyn and Don are joining us later in the week since Carolyn has school. Her break isn't until April. I'm looking forward to seeing H&B again, and enjoying the beach.

Looks like it has warmed up down there after a few weeks of cold weather. Its in the 60's here in NJ today after a week that started out with temps in the 20's (sry, I'm speaking in the archaic "degrees F", but when in Rome ...).


The news is so bad these days. I feel like this trip will be an escape from reality, where I'll just think about the positives, like being alive and healthy. I just heard that our town lost another wonderful parent to cancer today, after a 5-year battle. We are a small town so we get to know each other or know of each other, without it being claustrophobic! I am sorry for the loss of this mom who I met once at a fundraiser.

We're off to the quarter final state game for the high school hockey team tonight. Bryan and all the other past seniors who are off this week will be going too. It'll be great support for the players. They are doing really well this year and have a good shot at going all the way again! Such an exciting game that hockey!

Back to packing.

No comments: