Thursday, March 8, 2007

New Cell Needed

I really need a new cell phone and I'm looking for testimonials about phones.

I have an ancient (over 2-1/2 years old) run-of-the-mill standard issue Vz phone. It has been just fine but recently it has started to crumble. It doesn't open very well because a piece of plastic fell off. And for some unknown reason my text (SMS) messages sometimes get through and sometimes don't. The important one's don't (Murphy's Law). And it doesn't hold a charge for more than 2 calls.

What do I do with my phone, a salesperson might ask? Well, I make phone calls, I text a fair amount (to my kids mostly, Don, Marian & Denise), I occasionally take a photo, I use the alarm clock (way better than the hotel system and great for cat naps), and I sometimes use the EZ Tip function with large groups (it is helpful when your mind doesn't feel like doing math).

That's not a whole lot but I must say I'm a little fascinated with the Chocolate phones (not just because of the name - yum) (and not because of the colors) but because of the mp3 capabilities. Very cool. I am not particularly interested in receiving email. I feel tethered enough to email that when I finally break free of my PC, I don't want email. I'm more tethered to email than to my phone.

If you've got a recommendation or testimonial for me, I'm very interested. Please either leave me a comment here or call/email/ping me. Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a new phone in December because my speakerphone stopped working and I wanted a bluetooth headset. Plus, it had been 2 years since my last phone and, good ol' VZ wireless gives you a free phone after 2 years (basic only though!) But, since I didn't want email, or tunes, or surfing capabilities, and I don't text much, I just got the basic phone that VZ was handing out...such a deal!

It's an LG with a color screen. The best thing is that it's bluetooth ready, which is much better for hands-free operation than those long wire earbuds.

I don't know the model number, but if you go to a VZ wireless store, I'm sure you'll see immediately what I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

I would highly recomend a chocolate phone for you and a pink one for your awesome daughter.

Jason and Val said...

My bro had the Chocolate and returned it due to poor UI experience, plus he says it seemed flimsy.

I have the plain RAZR from VZ. Hear good things about the KRAZR.